Well there are a lot of reasons for ham radio. To me the list of reasons includes, but is not limited to:
- I am a physicist, so I need a hobby of this kind.
- I like to talk to people.
- I am interested in emergency communications
- I like to have a back up in case SHTF
- I can combine ham radio with hiking tours
- Ham Radio fits well with driving around (car or motorcycle)
- I just love the idea to get in contact with someone 1000s of miles away with less power than a normal light blub has.
- I just love those QSL-cards.
For that last part, I created a gallery, which I will update every now and then, with QSL cards I recieved. Thanks to everyone who send me one!